- "If people really stopped and realized how much art and creative people move the world versus politics and religion, I mean it’s not even up for debate. An artist at least creates things, puts things into the world. Where as these other people are destroying things, taking things out of the world."
- —Marilyn Manson during and interview on The Henry Rollins Show
On DP and Relating to TJ
TJ is often seen attempting to ride Marilyn Manson's coat tails by trying to rewrite his songs. A popular example of this is TJ's uncreative rendition of "The Dope Show" in which TJ halfheartedly sings "We're all stars now, in the post show!". By most ("most" being any decent human being with at least something resembling self-respect) it is considered a vile misrepresentation of art, further confirming the notion that TJ is in fact garbage. This being of course with the notable exception for TJ apologists, (a species of repugnant inbreds found primarily on the Drunken Peasants subreddit) who seem to get sexual gratification from the renditions.
Manson began his professional music career in 1989 with the band he'd formed consisting of him as Marilyn Manson on vocals, Scott Putesky as Daisy Berkowitz on guitar, Brian Tutunick as Olivia Newton Bundy on bass, Stephen Bier as Madonna Wayne Gacy or Pogo on keyboards and a drum machine. They soon replaced the drum machine with Fred Streithorst as Sara Lee Lucas on drums in 1991. Tutunick was quickly replaced on bass as well by Brad Stewart as Gidget Gein. The band members all adopted these mixed pseudonyms of serial killers and female sex symbols to represent America's duality in glorifying both. The group quickly made a name for themselves on the Floridan club scene as Marilyn Manson and The Spooky Kids, playing small clubs and releasing multiple, now heavily obscure, demo tapes.The band's insane on stage performances, which had come to include an array of piked mannequin heads adorning the stage, falling nets of animal gore being dropped on the audience, women giving themselves abortions, setting random things on fire, the band members cross-dressing, or coming on stage in various other costumes, etc. In addition they utilized popular childhood icons from the 70s and 80s as a more complete contrast to the sheer obscenity.
Marilyn himself created nearly all of the band's early promotional material such as concert flyers and liner art for their demos. The band decided to shorten their name to simply Marilyn Manson in 1992 by which time they were one of the bigger acts in the Fort Lauderdale area. In 1993 they garnered the attention of Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor who, enthralled deepy with their theatrics and energetic eccentricity on the live stage, quickly offered to sign them to his newly established record label company Nothing Records Inc. They agreed to this and entered the studio in mid 1993 to begin recording.
The original finished product was christened The Manson Family Album. It was highly to disappointing to both the band and Reznor, who agreed soon after to personally reproduce the album. They did so, and far more satisfied with the second output, released the album to store shelves in 1994 under the title Portrait of An American Family. Around this time, they also booted Gidget on account of a rather nasty heroin addiction he'd developed. He was replaced with Jeordie White, now much more famously recognized by the moniker Twiggy Ramirez. Ramirez adopted all of Gein's stage gimmicks including the braided, brightly color-dyed dreadlocks and green little girl's dress.
- "When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."
- "This is the culture you're raising your kids in. Don't be surprised if it blows up in your face."
- "A lot of people don't want to makes their own decisions. They're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do."
- "Music is the strongest form of magic."
- "You cannot sedate all the things you hate."
- "Society has traditionally always tried to find scapegoats for its problems. Well, here I am."
- "I think moshing is a sign of what Christians would call the apocalypse."
- "When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?"
- "I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."
- "We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves."
- "You're not shovel, and I'm not your dirt."
- "You get depressed because you know you're not what you should be."
- "When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you."
- "You spoonfed us Saturday morning mouthfuls of maggots and lies disguised in your sugary breakfast cereals. The plates you made us clean were filled with your fears. These things have hardened in our soft, pink bellies. We are what you have made us. We have grown up watching your television. We are a symptom of your Christian America, the biggest Satan of all. This is your world in which we grow. And we will grow to hate you."
You're nothing TJ, you're garbage"
- Portrait of An American Family (1994)
- Antichrist Superstar (1996)
- Mechanical Animals (1998)
- Holy Wood (In The Shadow of The Valley of Death) (2000)
- The Golden Age of Grotesque (2003)
- Eat Me, Drink Me (2007)
- The High End of Low (2009)
- Born Villain (2012)
- The Pale Emperor (2015)
- Dead To The World VHS (1997)
- The Last Tour On Earth (1999)
- Guns, God, and Government: Live In L.A. (2001)
- Smells Like Children (1995)
- Remix and Repent (1997)
- The Nobodies: 2005 Against All Gods Remix (2005)
- Slo-Mo-Tion Remix EP (2012)
- The Raw-Boned Psalms (1990)
- The Beaver Meat Cleaver Beat (1990)
- Big Black Bus (1990)
- Grist-o-Line (1990)
- Lunchbox (1991)
- After School Special (1991)
- Thrift (unreleased)
- Live As Hell (1992)
- The Family Jams (1992)
- Refrigerator (1993)
- The Manson Family Album (unreleased)
- Marilyn Manson: The Collector's Edition (1999)
- Lest We Forget: The Best Of (2004)
- Lunch Boxes and Choklit Cows (2004)
- Hot Topic Download Card (2007)
- iTunes Essentials: Marilyn Manson (2007)
- Lost & Found (2008)
Vigilant Christian Orgasm
The Vigilant Christian made a video about Marilyn Manson's new album. Surprise, surprise, TVC called it - hold on to your hats - satanic. Imagery involving Satan is prevalent throughout Manson's artwork, so The Vagina-Lint Shithead is stating the obvious here. Manson linked TVC's video on his Twitter page. Mario achieved sexual climax at the increased viewership and YouTube revenue. What a good Christian!
- Even though his Albums have decreased in popularity, they are still better than the vast majority of music today.
- He is a LaVeyan Satanist , this has caused a bunch of Christians to go full retard about him, as they do not know the difference between Theistic Satanism and LaVeyan Satanism